Join Our Team
|We want you! Truck drivers are in high demand at AMX. Are you looking for a company who is dedicated to their employees and customers? Are you looking for opportunities, career independence or financial security?
Then AMX has the driving opportunities for you!
AMX wants our drivers to succeed offering benefits ranging from 401k, Disability, Life, Accident, Medical, Dental & Vision plans, Paid Vacation, Prescription Drug Plans, Weekly Paycheck and more. If you are dedicated, dependable and want to grow with one of Ohio’s top trucking companies don’t delay, apply below or call today at (216) 268-3005 and one of our represtatives will be happy to assist you.
Truck Driver Appreciation
Local Truck Driving Jobs
Regional Truck Driving Jobs
OTR Truck Driving Jobs
Straight Truck Driving Jobs
Critical Illness Coverage
Dental & Vision
Prescription Drug Plans
OTR Bonus Plan
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations state: that a driver must meet certain criteria in order to qualify to drive a motor vehicle. You must meet the following criteria in order to operate a CMV for American Marine Express. The regulations and/or AMX policy specify a driver to be qualified if he/she:
- Is at least 21 years old.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Can by reason of experience, training or both, safely operate tractor/trailer combination vehicles, with proof of at least three years of current CDL/CMV driving experience.
- Is physically qualified to drive a motor vehicle -this requires DOT physical (card and long form physical).
- Has a currently valid commercial motor vehicle operator's license issued only from one State or jurisdiction -We are required to run your MVR for a period of the preceding three years -this must include all states in which you have held a license for in the previous three years. All applicants must also meet AMX insurance underwriting guidelines. A minimum criterion is set as follows: a) No more than 3 moving violations/accidents in the most recent 3 years b) No more than 2 moving violations/accidents in the most recent year c) Drivers should have no "major convictions “with the last 5 years:driving while under the influence -(DWI, DUI, OVI), leaving the scene of an accident, careless or reckless violations, homicide or assault with a motor vehicle, attempting to elude an officer, suspended or revoked license or 3 or more license suspensions in the past.
- Has prepared and furnished the motor carrier that employs him/her with a list of all violations of motor vehicle traffic laws and ordinances during the preceding 12 months.
- Is not disqualified to drive a motor vehicle by reason of revocation, suspension, withdrawal, or denial of an operator's license, permit or privilege.
- Has presented a valid operator's license or a certificate of road test which the motor carrier that employs him/her has accepted as equivalent to a road test.